Synergy: The combined effort being greater than its parts—this is the culture of Hopkins Track and Field. Of course, each athlete has a goal--a PR, Raceberry Honors, even beating that competitor from another team. But, when 4x400 gun goes off, Hopkins is the collective team ready to cheer our relay home.
As coaches, we are as ready as anyone to let the synergy begin...
--Coach Yesnes...I can't wait for Lovas to see my new stopwatch skills now that he doesn't have to reset my watch every time I need to call splits. Also, as a coach, I now have an excuse to stalk Outdoor Track Raceberryjam for all the Hopkins runners, throwers, and jumpers! Seriously though, I can't wait to hang out with all the distance girls and spend time with all the disciplines. Let's just say I am beyond thrilled to join the Hopkins Track and Field family.
--Coach Dalmacio...I have a laundry list of reasons why I am excited for this season, but to keep it brief I narrowed it down to three. First, I am excited take on the new challenge of coaching horizontal jumps. I have been working to create a program that will benefit each athlete individually, and the jumpers as a whole for our program. At Hopkins, no one is just this or just that. Our team consists of multi-talented individuals that are this AND that - runners and jumpers, sprinters and throwers, etc. Second, I am excited about the athletes - new and returning! I have so many great ideas that I cannot wait to share. Third, I am excited to let my track nerd flag fly with those of the other coaches. Although I am biased, I really do believe that we have the best gathering of track minds in the state. They are not only my fellow track coaches, but they are also great friends of mine.
March 12th can't come soon enough... GO ROYALS!!!
I'm thrilled to be the head coach of the Men's squad (and thank you to Coach Harris for laying a strong foundation). Here's a list of anticipations:
ReplyDelete1) All of our returning athletes posting PR's
2) BREAKING SOME RECORDS!
3) Adding more Hopkins All-time top-10's
4) New athletes that will add both talent and character to the team
5)Our new coaches: Big welcome to "The Barry"-Coach Yesnes, Coach Adam Gilliam, Coach Al Johnson, and Coach Arlene Behling.
6)Chet Silverman's return as a Guest Coach
7)Coach Harris to turn some necks
8)Coach Karen to be so excited about our team that she might throw up, cry, pull her hair out or maybe all 3 at the same time.
9)Coach April making sure that Coach Karen doesn't do the actions mentioned above.
10)Coach Williams' nicknames
11)Multiple athletes at the end of the season saying, "Telsh isn't Telsh's real name!?"
12)Geeking out about times, distances, and statistics
13)Last and most importantly a True Team to represent Hopkins: Tracktown MN! One that supports all athletes, in all events, with Royal Pride and stellar sportsmanship. GO HOPKINS!